Archiving utility with a complex compression engine, security features,
integrity checkup, repair feature, recovery mode, file splitting, and more
WinRAR is an advanced data compression utility that supports a wide array of formats, including RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, G Zip, USE, ISO, ZIP, Z, and 7-Zip.
It enables you to create, organize, and manage archives in a comfortable and quick manner.
Quality compression and multiple disk spanning
The application proposes an advanced approach to compression, which entails creating small archives to save disk space as well as to enable faster file sharing.
Audio and graphics files benefit from a special archiving algorithm that doesn’t sacrifice quality.
It’s also possible to split archives into several smaller volumes to spread them across multiple devices and easily transfer.
Advanced features for compression and decompression
Meanwhile, the application can be asked to verify archive integrity as well as attempt repairing damaged or corrupt archives.
Expert users can configure settings concerning the preferred compression method, dictionary size, file update mode, self-extracting archives, recovery records in case of data loss, archive locking, NTFS symbolic and hard links, and many other aspects.
The industry-standard in compression
During our tests, WinRAR delivered excellent results on file compression and archive extraction regarding speed and file size.
On the other hand, it is likely to hamp er system resources usage when dealing with time-consuming tasks carried out on very large files
, especially if you are relying on weaker hardware configurations.
To wrap it up, WinRAR remains the industry-standard in the compression category.
WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using EYES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives.
With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
- The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web.
- Its 128 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is shareware, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR gives you all future UPDATES for FREE!
- “Convert archives” command:
- improved performance when processing a lot of small archives in Windows 10;
- fixed memory leaks which could lead to excessive memory use when converting to ZIP format.
- Corrupt ZIP archive processing:
- “Repair” command replaces packed and unpacked file sizes stored in local file header with sizes from central directory if local header sizes look invalid;
- file extraction is stopped at unpacked size stored in ZIP headers even if available packed data allows further extraction.
- It is done to prevent unexpected hard drive space usage.
- Ctrl+C allows to abort RAR “l” command quickly. In previous versions it could take several seconds until list command stopped.